The New Year is a good time to reflect on all the important priorities in our lives and to evaluate and set new priorities. For most of us, those priorities include protecting our families, our homes and our businesses. It can help you know that your home and belongings are fully protected and it provides an opportunity for us to address any gaps in coverage that we find.
Look at your policies and check your coverage and policy limits. Ask yourself these questions:
- What is the policy limit for my structure, personal property, and loss of use?
- If my home burned to the ground would I have enough money to replace my home and its belongings?
- What coverage do I have for water damage?
- Are my contents covered on a replacement cost basis?
- Check your deductibles on your homeowner’s and your automobile policies. Can you afford the deductible in the event of a loss?
- Are your valuables adequately protected? Do you need separate coverage for jewelry or that piece of art in your living room? What kind of coverage do you have for antiques and firearms?
- Have you made any additions or improvements to your home that may increase its value?
- Review your liability limits on your automobile and homeowners polices. Are your assets adequately protected?
- Are you eligible for any additional discounts or savings opportunities, such as home security discounts, multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, good student discounts and the like.
Don’t wait until that flood is in your basement. At Suburban, we can determine ways in which you can save money while assuring that you are adequately protected. Call us at 201-796-1881.
Wishing you and your family a great and prosperous year!