It’s good advice for any time of the year: Give your home a thorough once-over and complete the maintenance tasks that can prevent you from having to make expensive repairs later on. This includes:
- Check your home's heating and air conditioning system.
- Paint, caulk and seal exterior wood.
- Seal your masonry and hard surfaces.
- Check your drainage.
- Clean your gutters.
- Clean your chimney and order firewood.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Shut down the pool and the sprinkler system and drain outside faucets.
For many, the winter holidays are a time of joy, celebration and tradition. Decorating your home, yard or office is a fun, festive way to celebrate the season. A little planning can help you enjoy your display all season long. Click here for some tips from Travelers to help keep your family and friends safe around your decorative displays.
Cold Weather Essentials
- Check the battery, tires and tire pressure
- Check all fluids, including antifreeze
- Keep an emergency kit in your vehicle, jumper cables, ice scraper
- Keep a flashlight, blankets, portable phone charger, first-aid kit, extra batteries and water and non-perishable snacks
Your car is an investment to protect - and you and your loves ones should be protected at all times! Click here to see our Winter Driving Safety Tips.
Want more tips before the upcoming new year? Check out all of our topics.
Need to discuss your coverage? Reach out anytime.
All the best for the holidays and a Happy New Year!