While many of these tips are common sense, it’s essential to take the time to review them – to stay safe on the roads. Your car is an investment to protect – and you and your loved ones should be protected at all times.
Check out Travelers Winter Driving Safety Tips. Below are just a few of them.
- Make sure your car is prepared for cold temperatures and wintery conditions like snow and ice. Keep your equipment properly maintained and include a winter survival kit in your vehicle: an ice scraper, snow shovel and sand/salt.
- Clear snow and ice off your car – including windows, mirrors, lights, reflectors, hood, roof and trunk.
- Drive with your headlights on, and be sure to keep them clean to improve visibility.
- Use caution when snow banks limit your view of oncoming traffic.
- Avoid using cruise control in snowy or icy conditions. In adverse conditions, you want as much control of your car as possible.
See more safety tips.